New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 339
Like Tree162Likes

New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules

This is a discussion about New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules within the MIROCK Series section, where you will MiRock Series Racers Pit Here!!!; Exson- do u think a grand spent on tress steering dampner and clip ons is money well spent? 2

  1. #31
    Moving up the Ladder
    money maker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    a state
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Exson- do u think a grand spent on tress steering dampner and clip ons is money well spent?

    2

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Senior Member
    Profile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Phill, how about allowing bullet blocks. Cause you know the Gen2 Busa blocks don't hold up as well when bored to 3-4mm over and Gen1 blocks start getting even harder to find when you need one for a race coming up The bullet blocks will cost about the same as a new and bored to spec Gen1 block
    show2ime and Pruitt'sBusa like this.
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

  4. #33
    Senior Member
    Profile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    And the 2.62 rule
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

  5. #34
    Site & Midway Sponsor
    ADAMS PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Race City USA
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    good ol' superbike in prostar, we might just have to break the perfect season(30-0) bike back out and see how it does here.. looks like this will be a fun class..
    04madkaw likes this.

  6. #35
    Senior Member
    Profile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by money maker View Post
    But why no auto trans. It sure is nice to not worry about kill time and know its going to shift

    2
    Their have been bikes with autos that don't shift properly toolook at this way, the man or girl in the next lane has to run the same type of trans
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

  7. Like KingofNos1 liked this post.
  8. #36
    Senior Member
    Profile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMS PERFORMANCE View Post
    good ol' superbike in prostar, we might just have to break the perfect season(30-0) bike back out and see how it does here.. looks like this will be a fun class..
    them Kawasaki wasSuzuki but you have take them wheelie bars off
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

  9. #37
    Moving up the Ladder
    money maker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    a state
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MIRock Technical Staff View Post
    The exact limitations of the frame have not really been finalized. When I stated stock frame, I was more trying to indicate no chrome-moly aftermarket frames.

    And definitely not stock trees. Aftermarket front ends would be allowed. But I believe that the small-to-average size rider would not really need aftermarket forks, he would be good with stock forks.
    I think u will have to allow cut seat rail on a busa in order to get a tail to clear 75 inches

    2

  10. #38
    Senior Member
    show2ime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    North Carolina..Where else?
    Posts
    1,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    It just said factory frame..also i say allow billet blocks. If someone is caught cheating ban them for the year. That way it will discourage cheating. Those gen 1 blocks are hard to find. Maybe get a site sponsor to give some deals on the blocks ifca racer chooses to use one..
    CMR Racing
    NOS Busa "Charlie Murphy"
    NOS Grudge Busa "Sam Cook"

  11. #39
    Super HoleShot Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Western, PA
    Posts
    4,369
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Rep Power
    15
    Country: Tuvalu

    Default

    It doesn't say billet blocks are not allowed. It only excludes Titanium rods and Air clutches at the moment. The initially proposed rules didn't even make mention of an auto transmission exclusion.

    Guys, the purpose of a rulebook is to keep a class under control. It is not the intent of rules to suppress innovation or solely be a restriction.

    When a more concrete set of rules are published, read through every line and be sure the proposed build falls within the requirements. If something is not in the rules and it is a simple, common modification, one can probably assume it is ok. If something is way outside the normal "box", the best approach is to think it through and ask prior to making any commitments.

    Discussions regarding rules or a concept's suitability aren't necessarily a bad thing. Anything you discuss with a tech official will be held in confidence if it is not appropriate to be fully disclosed.

    From my view, the purpose of this class is to showcase the possibilities for a normally aspirated engine more-so than to see how quick a 47lb jock can go or how fancy the anodizing on a shock can be.

    Given a chance, I would imagine a fair amount of builders would like to show that they have what it takes.

  12. #40
    Moving up the Ladder

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    mid state, north carolina
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    mr mirock spokesperson,
    i understand that bikes should shift without autos and all that, but its not always the case. some guys may take these motor bikes and shoot them the other three weeks out of the month that there is no mirock race. can we not come to some kind of agreement with adding weight or something of that nature. x amount of weight for 3/4speeds and x amount for 6speeds if people think its gonna make that big of a diff. its the total package thats gonna win, auto may not go any faster than what you will pick up using aftermarket ignition, not every1 has aftermarket ignition, nor do they have to buy it. its tit for tat.
    just 2 more cents, know you cant make every1 happy. really looking forward to something new though
    slammedzx9 likes this.

  13. #41
    Senior Member
    Exson Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Warrenton, N.C.
    Posts
    1,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    E.J Richardson
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by money maker View Post
    Exson- do u think a grand spent on tress steering dampner and clip ons is money well spent?

    2
    Well buddy to be honest i think a steering damper is money well spent. Dnt kno bout any trees cause i have never bought any!

  14. #42
    Moving up the Ladder
    money maker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    a state
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scrappy784 View Post
    mr mirock spokesperson,
    i understand that bikes should shift without autos and all that, but its not always the case. some guys may take these motor bikes and shoot them the other three weeks out of the month that there is no mirock race. can we not come to some kind of agreement with adding weight or something of that nature. x amount of weight for 3/4speeds and x amount for 6speeds if people think its gonna make that big of a diff. its the total package thats gonna win, auto may not go any faster than what you will pick up using aftermarket ignition, not every1 has aftermarket ignition, nor do they have to buy it. its tit for tat.
    just 2 more cents, know you cant make every1 happy. really looking forward to something new though
    thats what i was trying to say. allow me to run an auto and ill use factory ecu or stock trees etc. im willing to give up something for it.

    if a big guy cant use a billet block it will be hard for him to get enough cc's. ex 660lb combo would be 1729 cc's

  15. #43
    Super HoleShot Member
    BROTHER-N-LAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    13
    Country: Jamaica

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by money maker View Post
    But why no auto trans. It sure is nice to not worry about kill time and know its going to shift

    2
    Phil is absolutely right. I put the stock trans back in my pst bike and have no problems shifting. If you're having a problem with a stock trans shifting, you're doing something wrong. I have has lots of calls, PMs, and people at the track asking what to do about it. I've had lots of people calling me back just to thank me for helping them out with that.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!

  16. #44
    Super HoleShot Member
    BROTHER-N-LAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    13
    Country: Jamaica

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportbikeryder View Post
    It doesn't say billet blocks are not allowed. It only excludes Titanium rods and Air clutches at the moment. The initially proposed rules didn't even make mention of an auto transmission exclusion.

    Guys, the purpose of a rulebook is to keep a class under control. It is not the intent of rules to suppress innovation or solely be a restriction.

    When a more concrete set of rules are published, read through every line and be sure the proposed build falls within the requirements. If something is not in the rules and it is a simple, common modification, one can probably assume it is ok. If something is way outside the normal "box", the best approach is to think it through and ask prior to making any commitments.

    Discussions regarding rules or a concept's suitability aren't necessarily a bad thing. Anything you discuss with a tech official will be held in confidence if it is not appropriate to be fully disclosed.

    From my view, the purpose of this class is to showcase the possibilities for a normally aspirated engine more-so than to see how quick a 47lb jock can go or how fancy the anodizing on a shock can be.

    Given a chance, I would imagine a fair amount of builders would like to show that they have what it takes.
    John, it does say factory casting on blocks, cases, and head. The rules that Rich is proposing are similiar, but a little different. I like Rich's proposed rules better.
    $POSSUM$53 likes this.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!

  17. #45
    Moving up the Ladder

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Phill Davis
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scrappy784 View Post
    mr mirock spokesperson,
    i understand that bikes should shift without autos and all that, but its not always the case.
    Look, we can around forever about this. I will say this one last time, and I guarantee the overwhelming number of people on here will agree with me: It makes no sense to create a rule where spending $2-3000 is a requirement to win in a class like this. If I am wrong and a bunch of people disagree with me, then we will reconsider our position.



    some guys may take these motor bikes and shoot them the other three weeks out of the month that there is no mirock race.
    That may work for someone just looking to have some fun, but by the end of the first season of this class it will take a dedicated bike to run up front in this class. There won't be any multipurpose nitrous/no nitrous bikes competing. So I just don't see this scenario being worthy of any long-term concern or consideration.



    can we not come to some kind of agreement with adding weight or something of that nature. x amount of weight for 3/4speeds and x amount for 6speeds if people think its gonna make that big of a diff.
    We may consdier something like this. I have already brought up the idea of allowing autos with a weight penalty to help some of the bigger riders close the gap without having to build huge engines.


    its the total package thats gonna win, auto may not go any faster than what you will pick up using aftermarket ignition, not every1 has aftermarket ignition, nor do they have to buy it. its tit for tat.
    Saying that someone doesn't HAVE to buy something is really a meaningless statement. They don't HAVE to race the class at all. But if it is allowed, and it makes you faster, you will HAVE to buy it to compete.



    just 2 more cents, know you cant make every1 happy. really looking forward to something new though
    So am I.
    BBCorvette18Punk likes this.
    Rulebook Advisor

Similar Threads

  1. Nhra sportsman motorcycle class rules
    By fiend in forum Track Tips
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 09:54 AM
  2. 8.90 class rules
    By Franklin in forum 2WheelSpeed
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 10:07 AM
  3. HAR class rules for Oct 9th
    By GuilloryRacing in forum Gulf Coast Racing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 09:09 PM
  4. MIROCK RULES
    By eddiewho in forum MIROCK Series
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 01:22 AM
  5. 09 MIRock rules
    By Richie in forum MIROCK Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 10:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.