New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules - Page 18

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules

This is a discussion about New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules within the MIROCK Series section, where you will MiRock Series Racers Pit Here!!!; so allow everything and just police engine size with 2.62 formula..and spec fuel with 75 in wheelebase...that would be easiest..then ur just cking bore.stroke and wheelbase

Post Thanks / Like

so allow everything and just police engine size with 2.62 formula..and spec fuel with 75 in wheelebase...that would be easiest..then ur just cking bore.stroke and wheelbase
    CMR Racing
    NOS Busa "Charlie Murphy"
    NOS Grudge Busa "Sam Cook"

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Site Sponsor SHM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dwayne aka "Poppy"

Quote Originally Posted by show2ime View Post
    so allow everything and just police engine size with 2.62 formula..and spec fuel with 75 in wheelebase...that would be easiest..then ur just cking bore.stroke and wheelbase
    That is about as simple as it's gonna get..
    1625 Lynwood Dr
    Lancaster,SC 29720
    *Super HoleShot Member

VIP/DONATOR
    knecum has made a donation to the forum!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    steve knecum

I think there should be a poll taken? Let the racers that are gonna race the class vote!! That way no bitching can take place.. Like someone said with what you can do with a standalone you could have a .2 advantage.. So no ti-rods, no standalones, no billet blocks, and if you don't want billet cranks then vote them off too! But if allowed i think the racers are going just say the same shop guys are going to win anyway so i'm not entering..!! Out of all the things mentioned only the standalone has a true advantage over the others. Your not going to hear the guy who lost in the final with a Bazzaz say he's only running faster then me because he has BST wheels or he has a 4 mil billet crank and mine is a weld up.!! He's going to say he's got the expensive standalone that you need to take a coarse on to understand and look Magnetti Marelli is over there with him.!!. I WISH I COULD AFFORD ONE OR EVEN UNDERSTAND ONE.... LET THE RACERS VOTE ON ALL OF THE ABOVE!! I'M sure 90% of the racers going to race this class is a memeber of this site.. Don't get me wrong i like standalones but not for a new class that you want to get started and have full fields. Its not going to happen if you allow them..my 2 cents!!
    Worlds Fastest motorcycle 311mph
    Fastest naked motorcycle 255mph
    2nd fastest naked motorcycle 248mph
    FastesT N/Abike everywhere 254mph 256GPS
    2nd fastest N/A bike 238mph
    3rd fasted N/A bike 235mph 1349cc
    4th fastest N/A bike 223mph

Site Sponsor SHM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dwayne aka "Poppy"

Quote Originally Posted by knecum View Post
    I think there should be a poll taken? Let the racers that are gonna race the class vote!! That way no bitching can take place.. Like someone said with what you can do with a standalone you could have a .2 advantage.. So no ti-rods, no standalones, no billet blocks, and if you don't want billet cranks then vote them off too! But if allowed i think the racers are going just say the same shop guys are going to win anyway so i'm not entering..!! Out of all the things mentioned only the standalone has a true advantage over the others. Your not going to hear the guy who lost in the final with a Bazzaz say he's only running faster then me because he has BST wheels or he has a 4 mil billet crank and mine is a weld up.!! He's going to say he's got the expensive standalone that you need to take a coarse on to understand and look Magnetti Marelli is over there with him.!!. I WISH I COULD AFFORD ONE OR EVEN UNDERSTAND ONE.... LET THE RACERS VOTE ON ALL OF THE ABOVE!! I'M sure 90% of the racers going to race this class is a memeber of this site.. Don't get me wrong i like standalones but not for a new class that you want to get started and have full fields. Its not going to happen if you allow them..my 2 cents!!
    Steve, the last thing any organization should ever do is let racers make the rules...you will stay in grid lock and nothing will ever happen because everybody wants the rules made up around what they already have and very few would be willing to change up their current setup...the rule makers will just have to come up with a set of ground rules and be willing to adjust as it goes along and the racers will have to understand that things may shift around alittle bit before it gets right.. but i don't think they will be able to keep billet blocks and cranks out if they are even remotely trying to have it where bigger guys can get in this class...they would have to have the really small guys riding stock motors so the bigger guys can have the 1570's,etc...
    1625 Lynwood Dr
    Lancaster,SC 29720
    *Super HoleShot Member

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    mark taylor

It appears this class is going to be small block chevys(busas)against everything else that is more expensive to build
    1949 harley davidson fl
    1971 cb750 k1
    1994 sportster
    1998 cbr 600

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cycle Concepts View Post
    This class is not about which builder can build the most hp because we all know that the package with the most hp will not be the winner and we also know that the package with the least amount of power will not be the loser every time...This class will be about the overall package!! And getting from point A to point B the quickest can be accomplished in several different ways...If a team with a good rider feels they can get the job done using the simplest of things such a pc/bazzaz/sb6, then have at...If others want to try it with a standalone and don't want to have all the other independent systems, etc, then why not...You WILL NEVER keep money out of this class!!! Guys will find ways to spend a ton of money on these bikes/engine combos unless you have a rule book thicker than the bible stating exactly what can AND can't be done, where weight can be placed, what things can weigh and the list goes on and on...Now who's ready to tackle that task???
    Dwayne, I feel the class should start out simple with the basics. You know as well as I do that it will evolve in time as RST and PST.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!

Site & Midway Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Doug Ray

gots to keeps cost downs....fo sho! #1

if not the class will be dead after 2 years...who wanna bet?

I say build the class around the bikes that are able to race currently then adjust rules to add or take away later...so as to develop the class....

listen,,,, this type of class has been done so many times and each time money and cost of the class killed it...or it killed itself by shops dominating it and pretty much running the small budget racer clean out out the class......after all this is really what this type of class is for (shop engine builders) or has been in the past...lets not fool ourselves!

easy to sale the idea but implementing and actually keeping is going is a whole different deal.
    rcrecovery likes this.
    SpencerCycle.com
    Phone - 1-704-642-0987
    Email- sales@spencercycle.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BROTHER-N-LAW View Post
    Dwayne, I feel the class should start out simple with the basics. You know as well as I do that it will evolve in time as RST and PST.
    Yep over time peolpe will get faster and some may not Some will hit that wall and can't get no faster until they find a way to go fasterthat fun part about head up racing
    cuzzinjay likes this.
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

How much longer b4 rules are posted?!

Post Thanks / Like

Now my weight mins. may be off some

Stock clutch and aluminum wheels only

How about a 560lbs or 580lbs weight min.for a Busa and 3mm over bore size motor

How about a 560lbs or 580lbs weight min. for a zx14 and stock size motor

How about a 480lbs or 500lbs weight min. for a gsxr1000 and 3mm over bore size motor

How about a 480lbs or 500lbs weight min. for a zx10,BMW and Honda and any size motor

And run them to see how it works out and adjust the weight for each combo if one combo out perform the other

This is a low cost setup
    rcrecovery likes this.
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

I messed up on zx14,zx10,BMW and Honda combo. 2012 up Zx14r has to be stock bore and stroke and 2011 and below stock bore and 4mm stroke

Zx10,BMW and Honda can have 3mm bore.
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Holeshot Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jake Simmons

A.new motor class would be great. We all know there isn't no such thing as cheap heads up class. With that out of the way. We need to get new drag racers to the track and this could be a perfect class to do that. Everyone benefits from forming a new class, more racers buying parts n building always helps shops stay in business and keeps the sponsors money coming in.
    *HoleShot Member
    Jake Simmons

Site Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jason Miller

I took a couple weeks off after our season ended for some much needed R&R after a 9 month season of pretty much 7 days a week.

I am relying on Phil Davis, Richard Gadson, and Johnnie Locklear to help get the rules for this straighted out so we can see if we can get this class going. Use them to help get this sorted out. I am open to running this at few events this year or all of them if a sponsor or sponsors come in and cover the purse for it.

I am extremely busy with planning the MIROCK season and the other 108 events on MIR's schedule so I will have limited time available to come on here an keep up with this thread.

I hope everything can get worked out as it looks like it could be a pretty cool class! :)
    MIROCK Superbike Series Promoter
    Email: jmiller@mirdrag.com (Don't PM on forums)
    www.mirockracing.com
    www.mirdrag.com

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

no matter what I'm thinking the Adams Performance Team will win.

keep it simple 2.62 rule, stock ECU, stock wheels, 75inch, c25 fuel.. easy lets get it and let you guys fight for 2nd place
    knecum likes this.
    Its not so bad that u got 2nd place, Its that U got to hear me brag about Winning...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GarronMiller View Post
    no matter what I'm thinking the Adams Performance Team will win.

keep it simple 2.62 rule, stock ECU, stock wheels, 75inch, c25 fuel.. easy lets get it and let you guys fight for 2nd place
    Damn shop bikes trying to take over the B class already
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS