New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules - Page 17

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules

This is a discussion about New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules within the MIROCK Series section, where you will MiRock Series Racers Pit Here!!!; Those shop bikes work real hard to get were they are at A lot of them shop bikes has been racing sense day one in RST and PST And just cause it has a turbo

Post Thanks / Like

Those shop bikes work real hard to get were they are at A lot of them shop bikes has been racing sense day one in RST and PST And just cause it has a turbo on it and its a Busa don't mean it's the same
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Exson Jr. View Post
    everybody says they wanna see who can build the most hp and fastest bikes with some rules in place so put some damn rules in the class. not who can buy the most expensive parts. we got a class like that. pprostreet is a damn moneypit with 60thousand dollar bikes wit the best of the best of everything. its a money class. aint no regular guys running in the top of that class. realstreet is the same way. its all shop owned or sponsored bikes winning. yall want another class like that then go ahead but id like to see a heads up class that the average guy can run. nobody wants to see another class with 25 busas sitting in line running the same combos withthe same guys up front all the time. keep the costs in reason and the rules strict enuff so that a shop wont step in with crazy backing and dominate. you keep the parts prices average and alot of the small guys can let their engine building and tuning capabilities keep them competitive. if not it will be prostreet all over and the shop bikes will dominate like they do every season. htp, williford,dme,adams. look at the prostreet class. its all shop bikes in the top. there are a few guys out there doin ok by themselves but they arent poor dudes and arent winning championships. dont make this class another shop bike dominated class
    Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way and will say something about it! Well said Exxon!

wikidkz and airtime loc like this.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to keep it a "cost effective" motor class then figure what the average cost to build said motor is and put that price on every motor that enters the class. call it 15k. If at the end of the weekend someone wants to buy your motor you have to sell it for 15k or your kicked out of the class. That would keep most people from spending ridiculous amounts of money on motors.

and you'll never get away from the shop bikes and sposored riders dominating classes. The average guy can't afford to do what they do and in heads up it is always he with the most money wins. Remember Time is money. So the guys that can rent a track to test every week are going to have a huge advantage over the guy thats barely affording to make the drive and entry fee.
    "live everyday like its your last"

Post Thanks / Like

And forgot to say this all motor cycle and car racing can be a money pit you can put $200,000 in a any class bike and that don't mean you are going to winthere are a lot of non shop own PST and RST bikes that has just as much are more money in them
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

Now my weight mins. may be off some

How about a 600lbs or 620lbs weight min.for a Busa and any size motor

How about a 560lbs or 580lbs weight min. for a zx14 and any size motor

How about a 500lbs or 520lbs weight min. for a gsxr1000 and any size motor

How about a 480lbs or 500lbs weight min. for a zx10,BMW and Honda and any size motor

And run them to see how it works out and adjust the weight for each combo if one combo out perform the other
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cycle Concepts View Post
    You simply spit stuff out your mouth that you know nothing about..Especially on this matter!!!!
    I know more that you think. Just because I choose not to elaborate on this, doesn't mean I don't know. I don't elaborate on alot of things as to where I get my info, like in the Stotz fuel matter, because it just devulges where I get my info. And when people tell me something in confidence, that's the way I keep it.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!

Almost A Senior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    ronnie

Well who knows what they will come up with until they make a decision we dont need to back and forth about rules that are not in place they will come up with a starting point and i guess will go from there
    leaveyouwalking

VIP/DONATOR
    knecum has made a donation to the forum!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    steve knecum

The purpose of this class is to keep it cheap and to see who the best builders are etc. So my idea of being able to buy someone's head i don't think is a good idea. Just say you have a combination that's really working and is going faster then most, well that combination is a secret one and you wouldn't want someone to be able to buy it and see what you've done, then your secret would be out. I am not saying it would be expensive valves etc.. Maybe it's your port design and cam combo!! That idea would work if you were running say 600 or 1000 s/s and the heads were stock..Then i would suggest that. Either way you look at it it will be pricey. But i definitely wouldn't allow standalones because that would scare over half the racers away because they don't know anything about them, some of them have a hard time with a Bazzaz and PCusb, but if they needed help they could ask anyone at the track to assist them. If you had a standalone now your at the mercy of the guy who you bought it from and would have to pay them to tune and teach it to you and hope they would be at the race to assist you. There's alot to figure out in such a short period of time. I just hope they don't make the rules up to their liking before asking the actual racers that will make the class up their opinion, otherwise you will have no class or a 5 bike turnout!!
    Worlds Fastest motorcycle 311mph
    Fastest naked motorcycle 255mph
    2nd fastest naked motorcycle 248mph
    FastesT N/Abike everywhere 254mph 256GPS
    2nd fastest N/A bike 238mph
    3rd fasted N/A bike 235mph 1349cc
    4th fastest N/A bike 223mph

Post Thanks / Like

Phill, are you all trying to make this class more affordable then RST?
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

VIP/DONATOR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    steve knecum

I dont know how to post one. But I think its very important to put up a poll on deciding wether or not to allow standalones or not . This is a very important decision on the class surviving or not. There is no reason for them to be allowed. It will do no good ad scare people away and be more of a expense and I would see certain bikes dom. Please voice your opinions on this !!

VIP/DONATOR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    steve knecum

Sorry about spelling on my phone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knecum View Post
    I dont know how to post one. But I think its very important to put up a poll on deciding wether or not to allow standalones or not . This is a very important decision on the class surviving or not. There is no reason for them to be allowed. It will do no good ad scare people away and be more of a expense and I would see certain bikes dom. Please voice your opinions on this !!
    I just dont see why people are worried about standalone deen allowed in AM/X Its just tuning/dataloging device but someone can go buy piggyback systems to do the same thinglook at RST they are allowed and you see no one runing away for the other cause they have a standalone
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    lavar charity

Quote Originally Posted by Exson Jr. View Post
    everybody says they wanna see who can build the most hp and fastest bikes with some rules in place so put some damn rules in the class. not who can buy the most expensive parts. we got a class like that. pprostreet is a damn moneypit with 60thousand dollar bikes wit the best of the best of everything. its a money class. aint no regular guys running in the top of that class. realstreet is the same way. its all shop owned or sponsored bikes winning. yall want another class like that then go ahead but id like to see a heads up class that the average guy can run. nobody wants to see another class with 25 busas sitting in line running the same combos withthe same guys up front all the time. keep the costs in reason and the rules strict enuff so that a shop wont step in with crazy backing and dominate. you keep the parts prices average and alot of the small guys can let their engine building and tuning capabilities keep them competitive. if not it will be prostreet all over and the shop bikes will dominate like they do every season. htp, williford,dme,adams. look at the prostreet class. its all shop bikes in the top. there are a few guys out there doin ok by themselves but they arent poor dudes and arent winning championships. dont make this class another shop bike dominated class
    very true
    fully dressed hand clutch 1k.....(smurf)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    very true
    Not really
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Site Sponsor SHM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dwayne aka "Poppy"

This class is not about which builder can build the most hp because we all know that the package with the most hp will not be the winner and we also know that the package with the least amount of power will not be the loser every time...This class will be about the overall package!! And getting from point A to point B the quickest can be accomplished in several different ways...If a team with a good rider feels they can get the job done using the simplest of things such a pc/bazzaz/sb6, then have at...If others want to try it with a standalone and don't want to have all the other independent systems, etc, then why not...You WILL NEVER keep money out of this class!!! Guys will find ways to spend a ton of money on these bikes/engine combos unless you have a rule book thicker than the bible stating exactly what can AND can't be done, where weight can be placed, what things can weigh and the list goes on and on...Now who's ready to tackle that task???
    1625 Lynwood Dr
    Lancaster,SC 29720
    *Super HoleShot Member

17. Thanks rcrecovery thanked for this post.