Psychobike banner

2012 14 for boost

23K views 83 replies 24 participants last post by  tuningfoRk 
#1 · (Edited)
2012 14 for boost..Scratch that..Real Street, NOS!

I'm getting ready to build a new 14 with a turbo. (as soon as the crate gets here)

I have a lot of experience with the Busa stuff and set ups for those. But I have not set up a 14 yet.

I'm building this to run in 68 inch shoot out stuff. My question is does any one have a handle on the stock puter, I'd like to stay with the stock ecu if possible for the traction and launch control.

Or should I just go to a full stand a lone like the Holley instead?

Thanks, any input is very helpfull. Andy

So, scratch all this! This thing is going to run Real Street on the HOSE!

#83 ·
So threw out the last several months this thing has turned in the most frustrating bike I have ever built and ran.....

I have had 2 PCV's drop dead, 3 PCV Ignition Mods drop dead. Still can not get the NLR sim to work with the dummy coil set up, so no spark amplifier. It blows the spark out when I try to spray it, doesn't care if its a 50 dry shot or a 150 wet, tried different plugs, gaps, surface gaps you name it....

(The reason I didn't go with an SB6, is that I was suppose to get an ECU that I would full control over and held out. I'm sure the MSD would have saved me a lot trouble. That or should have just gone to a stand alone from the get go....So leason learned there!)

I have had to retune it several times and each time it picks up power, with at this point sence I have no control over the timing, it's an absolute animal to ride. I have had the gearing all over the board trying to get this thing down the track....

So far on motor, it has a best 60' of 1.378. best 1/8 mph of 128 and it just wont go out the back door...It doesn't care were the gearing is it will not go over 154 mph....except once at milan I made 4 passes that it went 168, 173, 174, 172. Why? I have no idea and it hasn't done it sence.....And that was a big jump mph too....Then the next time out it was right back to mid 150's...

After the last weekend out and more bangn my head on the wall. I desided to go back to what I know works....BOOST! However, I'm not turboing it...

Procharger got the call and it's getting a C series race head unit, and I'm going Holley HP for efi control and ignition.

After talking to Jason Miller the other day and making sure I can run it in MiRock RST with it, It's ON!

I will post pics and vids as I convert this over to Procharged. I figured out with RC @ CP were we needed to cut the dish in the pistons to get the compression down to 10:1 from the 14:1 it has now. I did that yesturday. I got the .060"Head gasket a few days ago. Procharger put the blower together very quickly and got that to me very quickly, It showed up yesturday, and the Holley system is here now too.

This is going to be interesting to see how this goes. I am confident it is going to work, and this time around I should be able to make the power not only consistantly, but controlable as well.

We had trouble with the digitizer and I had to source that out for the stator cover. I should have the data off that today and we should be cutting aluminum before the end of the day. The blower should be mounted by Monday. Bring it back over from the CNC shop, finish up the rest of the blower set up, charge tube and surge valve mounting. Then I can get the motor out. Get the crank and stator drum key-way'd. Swap the pistons and do a little head work.

Once the motor goes back in I'll wire it all up, tune it. Then I'll be heading to Rockingham for the finals there. If all goes well there, we'll shout down to Goerga for the Man Cup finals...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.