Psychobike banner

OUTLAW/PROSTREET @ TGF???

12K views 109 replies 28 participants last post by  WANTSUMSAKI 
#1 ·
HEY EVERYONE,
I'M LOOKING FOR SOME IDEAS AND INPUT ON HOW WE CAN GROW THE OUTLAW/PROSTREET CLASS AT TEXAS GRUDGEFEST?
THIS CLASS HAD THE BIGGEST CONTRIBUTING SPONSOR, YET HAD THE WORST TURNOUT OUT OF ALL THE CLASSES. WE DIDN'T EVEN GET TO RUN IT AT TWO OF THE EVENTS DUE TO NO ENTRYS.

SO I AM LOOKING FOR ANY KIND OF INPUT THAT MAY HELP GROW THE CLASS EVEN FURTHER. I AM CURRENTLY WORKIBG WITH THE SPONSORS RIGHT NOW TO MAKE THE OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP HAVE A LARGE CONTINGENCY BY THE SPONSOR.

I WANT TO SEE THIS CLASS SURVIVE BECAUSE IT IS A PERSONAL FAVORITE OF MINE, NOTHING BETTER THEN HEADS UP RACING......
HERE ARE SOME IDEAS I WAS THROWING ROUND.......

CHANGE ENTRY TO $250 TO INCREASE PAYOUT.

CHANGE THE CLASS TO SHOW TIME, TO GET MORE PEOPLE INTERESTED

OUTLAW/PROSTREET RACERS GET IT FREE WITH CLASS TECHCARD PURCHASE

LET ME HEAR WHAT YALL THINK.........

ALEX HUGHES

See less See more
#56 ·
ALOT OF GOOD OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS.......KEEP THEM COMING AND WE WILL FIGURE OUT SOMETHING THAT WILL WORK FOR OUR AREA, AND OUR CURRENT TYPE OF RACERS.

ALEX HUGHES

#57 ·
I agree with mirock. Ive been involved in class racing for almost 30 yrs. Ppl that want to run in a heads up class like rules. We want to be on a level playing field. One of my local tracks has tried an outlaw class and no one ever enters.

I personal would like to come down and race with you but i would want to know that when i get there the bikes in my class are the same as mine.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

#61 ·
Alex my suggestion for prostreet/outlaw is too either put the real prostreet rules too it.. 70" run whatever......

...... or do rules kinda like what you talked about with a heavy hitter class only go down too 130lb riders up to 280 plus...

From what I seen noone enters the class for the reasons people stated.. Sure anything could happen but why would I pay $250.00 to run a 5.1X 215lb rider againest a handful of 4.8X 165lb riders..

A idea for some rules to the class

250lb plus...........75"+.. slider allowed
230lb plus...........74" .. slider allowed
210lb plus...........73" .. hand clutch... if slider must be 1-2 inches shorter or 1 inch up in ground clearance.
190lb plus..........72" .. hand clutch..if slider must be 1-2 inches shorter or 1 inch up in ground clearance.
170lb plus..........71".. hand clutch..if slider must be 1-2 inches shorter or 1 inch up in ground clearance.
150lb plus..........70".. hand clutch..if slider must be 1-2 inches shorter or 1 inch up in ground clearance.
130lb plus..........69".. hand clutch..if slider must be 1-2 inches shorter or 1 inch up in ground clearance.

no bars,no slicks,no 2 steps....... Once again just a suggestion..

I personally I enjoying the shit out of my bike whether Im just making passes on it or racing for cheese burgers lol!! I love watching what all of you do and look forward to a kick ass 2013 racing year...

#62 ·
IF I WERE TO MAKE SOME RULES IT WOULD HAVE TO BE SOMETHING VERY SIMPLE.
SOMETHING LIKE ADRL, WHERE ALL THEY HAVE TO PASS IS A WEIGHT MINIMUM.
I DON'T HAVE TIME TO CHECK WHEELBASE, AND CLUTCH TYPE AFTER EVERY PASS.

THE WEIGHT MINIMUM, WOULD BE RIDER AND BIKE TOGETHER.
EXAMPLE: BUSA'S AND ZX14'S= 600LBS TOTAL
GSXR 1K'S AND ZX10'S= 500LBS TOTAL
GSXR 1100 AND GS 1100= 550LBS TOTAL

SUPER EASY TO TECH, JUST ROLL ON THE SCALES AFTER EACH PASS.

ALEX HUGHES

#68 ·
Mr. Hughes, I would love to start coming down and racing with you guys, but like others have stated if you know the odds are against you there is no incentive to travel...organized rules is a must. Im 192ish not suited, i build my own motors and i know i can make as much power as anyone but with my weight im gona loose everytime, i can stay local and race for the fun of it...weight, wheel base, and street tire. i understand what your saying about a slick making you consistent, but that inconsistency may just be what i need for my big ass to win that race, that and if them light riders would gain some weight they wouldnt have a traction problem, lmao! i dont have much of a traction issue with a street tire, haha. heads up racing is were my passion is in but i cant race it competitively enough, i can loose 100 pounds and im still too heavy. so if im forced to bracket race to be competitive, i will save my time and money and stay local. i will stay tuned in on this subject, and i do want to thank you for everything that you do for the sport, i have nothing but respect for you alex.

#69 ·
THE GOAL IS NOT ONLY TO HAVE SIMPLE RULES.
IT IS ALSO SO THAT EVERYONE DOESN'T HAVE TO CHANGE THIER BIKES UP TO RUN IN ONE ORGANIZATION.
IF I LIMITED THE WHEELBASE, CLUTCH TYPE, AND TIRE TYPE, SOMEONE MIGHT HAVE TO SPEND ALOT OF $$$ TO GET THEIR BIKE SETUP PROPERLY.
IF ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS MEET A WIEGHT MINIMUM, THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ADD OR SUBTRACT WEIGHT FOR YOUR SETUP.
IF EVERYONE HAS TO MEET THE SAME RIDER AND BIKE COMBINED WIEGHT, THEN THAT MAKES IT COMPETITIVE.
IT WORKS FOR THE FASTEST BIKES ON TWO WHEELS, IT CAN WORK FOR US.

ALEX HUGHES

#70 ·
LET ME EXPLAIN AN EXAMPLE SO EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT I MEAN.

EX: ALEX HUGHES 145LB SUITED + AVERAGE GSXR 1K 400LBS= 545LBS

SUPERDAVE 180LBS SUITED+AVERAGE GSXR 1K 400LBS=580LBS

IF THE GSXR 1K WIEGHT MINIMUM WAS 550LBS, I WOULD HAVE TO ADD 5LBS TO MY BIKE, AND SUPERDAVE COULD LIGHTEN HIS BIKE BY 30LBS.
NOW IF KNOW A CUT UP 1K CAN GET AS LIGHT AS 315LBS, SO THERES PLENTY OF WEIGHT THAT CAN BE TAKEN AWAY.

HOPE THAT HELPS EXPLAIN HOW THAT MAKES IT FAIR.

ALEX HUGHES

#78 ·
makes sense, works for me. The average rider is 180 suited, the average Busa 460 so round a minimum of 640? Perfect, my bike weighs 440 so i'll put you on my bike and 55lbs in the nose. I'm up for that, oughta really fly then!! :question1::buttrock:

The only actual fair way to do this is like real street by rider weight. Same initial tech but on people scale instead of bike. If you had 30+ entries tech would get a little harder but 5-10 would be pretty easy i would think??

-

#71 ·
ok, weight and street tire. wouldnt have to limit wheelbase then cause the street tire will limit your wheelbase, the heavier you are the longer you will be able to go and still have traction... and wouldnt be hard to tech if its got a dot tire or slick. could still have a separate outlaw for the few that would actually run for the no rule class. no reason the worry about clutch setups, most of use already got rpm driven lockups, my slider didnt make me faster it only made me consistent. the only people that will argue the clutch issue is the people that dont know or havent actually used one

#72 ·
I agree it should be simple.. You shouldnt have to jump through hoops for sure... I understand your example and it makes sense. Only problem I would see is with a 600lb weight min. it make things easy for the light guys and the heavy guys will have to spent $$$$$$ to reduce weight and still not get that light.

Im with you...dont want things to be diffcult at all.... I would like to see races where the bikes are within 1-2 tenths of each other.. What about min weight that everyone agrees on for each bike... zx14's/,etc,etc and hieght. You could have 2 bars or 3 bars that are 2-4"... thats not costing anyone any monies.. If you 130-170 you must have 4" ground clearance,170-210 3" and 220 up 2"... or something along those lines...

Personally I still think a slick should not be allowed. If someone cant afford $150 tire they are in the wrong sport.

#74 ·
I REALLY WANT A HEADS UP CLASS, NOT ANOTHER BRACKET CLASS.
I THINK WITH AS MANY BIKES TEXAS HAS, WE SHOUKD BE ABLE TO DO A HEADS UP CLASS, MAYHE I'M WRONG BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT!!!!!
WHATEVER I DECIDE MIGHT WORK OR MIGHT FAIL, BUT AT LEAST I CAN SAY I TRIED!!

ALEX HUGHES

#75 ·
Well if you start making little guys add weight and ect all your doing is making a bracket class even if it is heads up...

How I'm looking at this is I would be screwed if I race the 750 next year...

There's no way to make everyone happy and I'm no where near complaining about what your doing!

I hear it all the time should of built a bigger bike...

#77 ·
I THINK I'M ON THE RIGHT TRACK HERE WITH SOME VERY BASIC SIMPLE RULES.
SOME PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME IF I MAKE RULES, THEN IT'S NOT A TRUE OUTLAW CLASS.
WELL I DON'T KNOW ANY ORGANIZATION THAT HAS EVER RAN A CLASS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO RULES.
BUT I THINK WITH A SINGLE "WEIGHT MINIMUM" RULE, THAT WOULD BE AS NO RULES RACING AS IT GETS!!!

ALEX HUGHES

#80 ·
MY BIGGEST CONCERN IS MAKING EVERYONE CHANGE THEIR ENTIRE BIKE SETUPS JUST FOR THIS CLASS.
WITH A RIDER WEIGHT = WHEELBASE, THAT MAKES PEOPLE CHANGE THIER SETUPS TO MUCH.
WHICH I DON'T THINK MOST PEOPLE WILL CHANGE THIER ENTIRE SETUPS TO RUN ONE CLASS.

I THINK WE SHOULD START WITH A TOTAL WEIGHT MINIMUM (BIKE AND RIDER) AND THEN GO FROM THERE.
IF SOMEONE IS CLEARLY DOMINATING THE CLASS, THEN I WILL START TO MAKE RULE CHANGES TO EVEN THE FIELD.

ALEX HUGHES

Reactions: Glyn mathews
#84 ·
If most of the class is big boys just make it geared for them......
HH rules make em be 240 in shorts.
The fairest way to make this work for racers is rider weight.

#87 ·
To help level the playing field and increase bike entries there will have to have some type of weight rule. I know for a fact there is a lot of heavy riders that got good jobs and make good money, enough to build these bad ass bikes so if you can level it some i bet the numbers will go up. I bet almost all of us that have a bike that would race in your class can afford to make some changes like wheelbase, adding, or taking away weight. i dont think that changing the bike to fit the rules would be a serious issue....

Reactions: SUPERRDAVE
#89 ·
I WAS THINKING $150 BUY IN.
10 BIKES X $150= $1500, $1100 WINNER AND $400 RUNNER UP.
FULL FIELD 16 X $150= $2400, $1700 WINNER AND $700 RUNNER UP.

I DON'T WANT TO MAKE IT WHERE IT'S TO MUCH FOR SOME PEOPLE TO ENTER.
ALSO WE WILL DO THE $500 SHOOTOUT RACE AT THE LAST RACE EACH YEAR!!!!

ALEX HUGHES

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.