OUTLAW/PROSTREET @ TGF??? - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

OUTLAW/PROSTREET @ TGF???

This is a discussion about OUTLAW/PROSTREET @ TGF??? within the Gulf Coast Racing section, where you will Southern Style Racing NAARDEN.BIZ; Originally Posted by money maker Do yall run 1/8 mile only 2 YES. I ONLY HAVE AGREEMENTS WITH 1/8TH MILE TRACKS IN 2013!!! ALEX HUGHES

Site Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    ALEX HUGHES

Quote Originally Posted by money maker View Post
    Do yall run 1/8 mile only

YES. I ONLY HAVE AGREEMENTS WITH 1/8TH MILE TRACKS IN 2013!!!

ALEX HUGHES
    2013 TGF OUTLAW PROSTREET CHAMPION
    2013 PMRA RACER OF THE YEAR

TEXAS GRUDGEFEST PROMOTER
    817-501-8563

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Craft 1 View Post
    Yeah it was just an ideal, actually as you know the class already exists in PMRA , it's called top gas, or 8.20 index. I've thought about running it, maybe I will next year? too bad we don't have something like that around here.

And you're right, the fastest guy doesn't always win, but he usually does.

Ken
    They have those races at Denton almost once a month.Its Shane Eperjesis series
    SUPERRDAVE likes this.
    I have PMS, ADD and OCD. I want to kill you but I can't focus on that right now, I have to go wash my hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WANTSUMSAKI View Post
    IT IS DEFINITELY AN OPEN DISCUSSION AND I INVITE EVEYONES OPINIONS.

SO YOU ARE TELLING M,E THERE ARE A BUNCH OF BIKES SITTING LESS THEN 64", WITH A BONE STOCK HAND CLUTCH, WITH 3" OF GROUND CLEARANCE, FULL FUNCTIONING HEADLIGHT AND TAIL LIGHT????? GUESS I'VE BEEN MISSING THOSE BIKES AT TEXAS GRUDGEFEST.

ALEX HUGHES
    I didnt say there was a bunch of 64"bikes but if u knew the
    rules that class also runs 68" big boys 2. But u wouldnt c them anyway unless u ran a heads up class 4 them. Now would u???? Just my opinion
    9.36@148 Stock motor 60"inches

Site Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    ALEX HUGHES

Quote Originally Posted by GBUSA(G.Sanders) View Post
    I didnt say there was a bunch of 64"bikes but if u knew the
    rules that class also runs 68" big boys 2. But u wouldnt c them anyway unless u ran a heads up class 4 them. Now would u???? Just my opinion
    TO HARD TO PLEASE EVERYONE.
    THAT'S WHY SO MANY ORGANIZATIONS FAIL.
    THEY TRY TO KEEP EVERYONE HAPPY, SO THEY HAVE 10 CLASSES WITH ALL LOW TURN OUTS.
    I KNOW I CAN'T KEEP EVEYONE HAPPY THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE.
    I'M JUST TRYING TO KEEP THE MAJORITY HAPPY, SO WE CAN ALL HAVE SOMEWHERE TO RACE IN THE FUTURE.

AND JUST SO YOU KNOW, I RAN REAL STREET FOR TWO YEARS ON A TURBO BUSA AND WON SEVERAL RACES WITH IT, AND SET THE ET AND MPH RECORDS FOR THREE DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS, OH BUT I'M SURE YOU KNEW THAT ALREADY.

ALEX HUGHES
    cujo likes this.

817-501-8563

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Phill Davis

I have been reading this post for a bit, so I though I would give you some advice on this subject. I have been involved with motorcycle racign rules and classes for nearly 20 years, so i have seen what works and what doesn't. So I will give you my thoughts and you can do what you want with them:

1) Classes with little or no rules never work-Everybody always talks about their macho fantasy of some class with "run-whatcha-brung" rules. That is, they talk about it until they get their butts kicked by someone with way more money or the lightest rider. If you don't do something to control costs and to allow at least a somewhat diverse range of rider sizes to be competitive, it will never work. Been there, done that, saw the movie multiple times. Just look at past history, there is no need to make the same mistake again when a simple look at the past will tell you how it will work. The way you have the rules now, a good builder/tuner could build a 6.60 bike with little problem. If you have a class running those kind of numbers, how many racers do you think you would actually get to step up and get involved?

2) Grudge racers don't want to race-At least not in organized racing. Grudge racers tend to be anti-authority, that is why they are part of the illegal racing scene. They want to do things the way they want, when they want. Their personality types tend to make them not suitable for a class where they are going to have to race who you tell them to race, when you tell them to race. It is just against their nature to take part in an organized event like a proper race class. Been there, done that as well. If you are planning on being dependent on grudge racers to support a class, you might be fighting a bigger battle than trying to run with no rules.

3) No-Time Racing has Limited Appeal-ET's are the benchmark of any successful class. Sure N/T appeals to the limited grudge crowd, but normal spectators want to see times. So do potential racers, they want to see what they are getting into, and want to know where they stand when they are testing and practicing. You are only running N/T in an effort to attract grudge racers. It apparently isn't working, so why keep doing it? The grudge racers have demonstrated they have no interest in supporting what you are doing, so why keep catering to them and sacrificing everyone else?

4) Run an Established Class-A proven established class that can be compared to other racers around the country is your best bet. Either Pro Street or Real Street would be my suggestion. Potential racers and fans understand what these classes are, and it takes less time to develop into something successful. Racers are more likely to build a bike if they have other places to go race them, plus you may be able to draw some current bikes to your events. Of course, this requires an investment on your part to be successful. Someone has to be able to do tech on whatever rules you have, otherwise you might as well have no rules. And you have to be wlling to give it some time to develop into a successful class. It won't happen overnight, just look at how the Man. Cup is struggling to get Real Street to the same level as MIRock. It takes time, if you are not willing to make a long-term investment (at least a couple of years to see how well it is going to work) then don't even bother trying.
    Rulebook Advisor

7. Like GBUSA(G.Sanders) liked this post.
    Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by michael mathews View Post
    They have those races at Denton almost once a month.Its Shane Eperjesis series
    Thanks Mike, I did not realize that, I'll have to check it out. I'm sure we'd get our butts kicked their, but it is another place to race, and we could probably run our two-step. LOL

Ken
    red 06 14

The Future
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    David Turner, Jr.

That's exactly how my bike is set,up :-). Ok 70" but I'm 200+ lbs. and No I don't think that class will survive. I enjoyed this years races.
    eXtreme Racing
    "Show Me or Shut Up"

Post Thanks / Like

Damn they do everything better on the E-CoastHe all but cancelled out 47% like MittGrudge Racers not normal,Illegal Racing Scene,Anti Authority
    Blue Magic 12a likes this.
    "BONECRUSHER" 75" Nitrous Busa "Super Heavy Hitter"
    "Slaughterhouse Racing"
    SOUP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupbone57 View Post
    Damn they do everything better on the E-CoastHe all but cancelled out 47% like MittGrudge Racers not normal,Illegal Racing Scene,Anti Authority
    What's not true that he stated? Look at the majority or your "grudge" racers. How many of them street race or come from a street race background? If grudge racers really wanted to do a class race why haven't all the proposed run what ya bring races happened.

In heads up racing he with the time and money will always come out on top.

I think if you did this type of class but use a few rules to help level the playing field you'll get a better turnout. Then after a couple years if that class is full and there's interest in a true no rules class start it.

My local series went through the same growing pains and the heads up classes were popular until people realized 1 or 2 guys who can build a new motor every month won every time. Now the heads up class has 2 consistant entries and the one guy hasn't even turned it up cause he's 3 tenths faster on his small shot

Even something simple like a minimum weight/wheelbase rule would probably help turnout
    "live everyday like its your last"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBCorvette18Punk View Post
    What's not true that he stated? Look at the majority or your "grudge" racers. How many of them street race or come from a street race background? If grudge racers really wanted to do a class race why haven't all the proposed run what ya bring races happened.

In heads up racing he with the time and money will always come out on top.

I think if you did this type of class but use a few rules to help level the playing field you'll get a better turnout. Then after a couple years if that class is full and there's interest in a true no rules class start it.

My local series went through the same growing pains and the heads up classes were popular until people realized 1 or 2 guys who can build a new motor every month won every time. Now the heads up class has 2 consistant entries and the one guy hasn't even turned it up cause he's 3 tenths faster on his small shot

Even something simple like a minimum weight/wheelbase rule would probably help turnout
    What's not true that he stated, well let me see.......

1. Grudge racers don't want to race-At least not in organized racing. Grudge racers tend to be anti-authority, that is why they are part of the illegal racing scene. They want to do things the way they want, when they want. Their personality types tend to make them not suitable for a class where they are going to have to race who you tell them to race, when you tell them to race. It is just against their nature to take part in an organized event like a proper race class.

2.Sure N/T appeals to the limited grudge crowd, but normal spectators want to see times.

3.It is just against their nature to take part in an organized event like a proper race class.

4. The grudge racers have demonstrated they have no interest in supporting what you are doing

All of these comments are really funny, I am a grudge racer and have supported plenty of times the TX series like the majority of others from our area! MiRock series is nice I'm sure, but not everyone has to model themselves after it to be succesful! Just my .02 Also
    "BONECRUSHER" 75" Nitrous Busa "Super Heavy Hitter"
    "Slaughterhouse Racing"
    SOUP

Site Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    ALEX HUGHES

ALOT OF GOOD OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS.......KEEP THEM COMING AND WE WILL FIGURE OUT SOMETHING THAT WILL WORK FOR OUR AREA, AND OUR CURRENT TYPE OF RACERS.

ALEX HUGHES

817-501-8563

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with mirock. Ive been involved in class racing for almost 30 yrs. Ppl that want to run in a heads up class like rules. We want to be on a level playing field. One of my local tracks has tried an outlaw class and no one ever enters.

I personal would like to come down and race with you but i would want to know that when i get there the bikes in my class are the same as mine.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just thinking out loud here. Maybe classes in cars do so well because say if you run x275 at 1 track the rules are the same all tracks. Local tracks do not have to depend on just local racers. On the other hand bikes seem that every track you go to has a different set of rules.

16. Like GBUSA(G.Sanders) liked this post.
    Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by WANTSUMSAKI View Post
    WE DONT HAVE THE CLOCKS ON IN THE OUTLAW PROSTREET CLASS. SO ANYONE "QUOTING" TIMES WOULD BE MERELY GUESSING.
    AND BASED ON WHO RAN THE CLASS THIS YEAR, I WOULD BET HIS GUESSING IS OFF BY FEW!!!

ALEX HUGHES
    my bike runs high 8's , i'd like a class for that, plus it's street legal. i can ride it to the track....
    silver 08 zx14, muzzy header,
    power commander,bmc race filter,lowering links,muzzy fender eliminator, muzzy fan.

VIP/DONATOR
    Hughesracing has made a donation to the forum!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Randy Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by moto View Post
    my bike runs high 8's , i'd like a class for that, plus it's street legal. i can ride it to the track....
    That's perfect for the Staggered street class, come on down.
    Faith comes by hearing

PMRA 2011 Crew Chief/Mechanic of the year

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast