OUTLAW/PROSTREET @ TGF??? - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

OUTLAW/PROSTREET @ TGF???

This is a discussion about OUTLAW/PROSTREET @ TGF??? within the Gulf Coast Racing section, where you will Southern Style Racing NAARDEN.BIZ; Originally Posted by Rich Craft 1 Well it's the same story, and it's been told 1000 different ways, but it comes back to the same thing, "big money wins races" the power is out there,

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jamalle 832-483-0571 cell

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Craft 1 View Post
    Well it's the same story, and it's been told 1000 different ways, but it comes back to the same thing, "big money wins races" the power is out there, You just have to have the money to buy it, which leaves a lot of people on the sidelines. I mean, if you have the fastest bike, why should I travel any distance and pay money to enter a race that I know I'm gonna get beat! I think one of the best examples. Is this last week's race at Crandall, there was supposed to be six bikes locked in, only to make the trip, and even that race didn't happen. Nobody from Houston signed up. I'm not throw in rocks, I have nothing fast enough to run with that. so everybody sits and watch.

Everybody likes to watch heads up racing, but let's face it, It's very expensive, and you always have to have rules. So what happens when everybody has enough money to run the race and the rules are all in place, how about NHRA Pro Stock cars,where .07 is a difference in the whole 16 car feel, and most of the time, whoever cuts the best light winds. That sounds a lot like bracket racing! and a lot of money spent to get the same results.

Here's something I think that could work for another class, a faster index class then the 560, I don't know what the appropriate number would be, nobody wants to show their real time. But what if you slowed your bike down a little bit to a index number that everybody could agree with. I'm not saying this should be the number. But what if it was 520 / 530 this would allow the faster guys to slow their bike down so no one would know their real time, and would allow some of the slower guys to get in the class. This takes most of the rules out, riders weight out, but would still need to look like a pro street class, people want to see fast heads up racing. This is just one way of making that happen.

Ken
    nobody in houston showed cause we were in valdosta, better yet when does dallas show to houston???? just a question not throwing stones. i will be entering in the class and the reason for me not entering this year is if houston is already signed up i back out doesnt make sense to me to run another bike i had something to do with. so with that being said ken you have a couple of weeks to stop calling your bike a street bike and make it longer and enter the class as well cause you do have what it takes to win

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Site Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    ALEX HUGHES

Quote Originally Posted by g---mall View Post
    nobody in houston showed cause we were in valdosta, better yet when does dallas show to houston???? just a question not throwing stones. i will be entering in the class and the reason for me not entering this year is if houston is already signed up i back out doesnt make sense to me to run another bike i had something to do with. so with that being said ken you have a couple of weeks to stop calling your bike a street bike and make it longer and enter the class as well cause you do have what it takes to win
    HAVING MORE THEN ONE BIKE FROM THE SAME CAMP SHOULDN'T KEEP ANYONE OUT OF A CLASS.
    ME AND MY DAD ENTER THE SAME CLASSES ALL THE TIME, MATTER OF FACT WE RACED EACHOTHER THREE TIMES THIS YEAR IN COMPETITION AND HE WAXED MY AZZ ALL THREE TIMES. LOOK AT JOHN FORCE OT DON SHUMAKER, THEY HAVE THREE OR FOUR CARS IN THE MOST EXPENSIVE CLASSSES IN THE WORLD!!!!

ALEX HUGHES
    2013 TGF OUTLAW PROSTREET CHAMPION
    2013 PMRA RACER OF THE YEAR

TEXAS GRUDGEFEST PROMOTER
    817-501-8563

Post Thanks / Like

ARE WE GONNA DO THE $500 BUY IN AT EACH RACE OR IS THAT GOING TO BE A GRAND FINALLY AT THE END OF THE SEASON. I WILL ENTER MY BIKE IN EITHER ONE BUT IF THERES A BIGGER POT THATS THE ONE IM RUNNING.
    2004 SUZUKI HAYABUSA

Site Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    ALEX HUGHES

Quote Originally Posted by JP RACIN View Post
    ARE WE GONNA DO THE $500 BUY IN AT EACH RACE OR IS THAT GOING TO BE A GRAND FINALLY AT THE END OF THE SEASON. I WILL ENTER MY BIKE IN EITHER ONE BUT IF THERES A BIGGER POT THATS THE ONE IM RUNNING.
    LIKE I TOLD SOUPBONE, THAT WILL BE A SEASON FINALE RACE ONLY.
    IT WAS REALLY COOL TO SEE ALL 8, BIKES GO HEADS UP WITHOUT ANY BITCHING OR COMPLAINING.
    BUT I DON'T THINK I WILL GET 8 BIKES COMMITED AT ALL 5 RACES NEXT YEAR.

ALEX HUGHES
    JP RACIN likes this.

817-501-8563

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jamalle 832-483-0571 cell

Quote Originally Posted by WANTSUMSAKI View Post
    LIKE I TOLD SOUPBONE, THAT WILL BE A SEASON FINALE RACE ONLY.
    IT WAS REALLY COOL TO SEE ALL 8, BIKES GO HEADS UP WITHOUT ANY BITCHING OR COMPLAINING.
    BUT I DON'T THINK I WILL GET 8 BIKES COMMITED AT ALL 5 RACES NEXT YEAR.

ALEX HUGHES
    i think you could sheit do a 250 buy in winner takes all thats still 2k just my 2 cents i think outlaw/prostreet should be that class with a smaller buyin and at the finally 500+ if racers want a better(bigger buyin) just thought.

7. Like jdegray liked this post.
    Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ken

WELL I'M DEFINETLEY NOT DOING ANOTHER INDEX RACE.

BUT DON'T BELIEVE THE GUY WITH THE MOST MONEY IN HIS BIKE ALWAYS WINS.
    I'VE RACED PEOPLE WITH $20K IN THEIR BIKES, AND BEAT THEM WITH A BIKE I ONLY HAD $5K IN.
    YOU STILL HAVE TO KNOW WHERE TO SPEND THE MONEY.

ALEX HUGHES
    Yeah it was just an ideal, actually as you know the class already exists in PMRA , it's called top gas, or 8.20 index. I've thought about running it, maybe I will next year? too bad we don't have something like that around here.

And you're right, the fastest guy doesn't always win, but he usually does.

Ken
    red 06 14

Post Thanks / Like

I CAN PROBABLY COUNT ON ONE HAND, THE NUMBER OF BIKES IN TEXAS THAT WOULD FALL UNDER THE REAL STREET RULES.
    I ALSO DON'T CURRENTLY HAVE THE STAFF TO TECH DIFFERENT CLASSES.
    THIS DISCUSSION ISN'T ABOUT ADDING CLASSES, IT'S ABOUT IMPROVING THE CURRENT CLASSES.

ALEX HUGHES
    Ur count would b wrong about # of bikes that would fall under RS rules.
    But if ur under staffed i can understand that.
    I thought this was an open disscussion. My bad. Good luck
    9.36@148 Stock motor 60"inches

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by g---mall View Post
    I thought valdosta was next week ? there was only two races in Houston, one was rained out, and we made the other one, even though the heat index was 115

And you only have a couple weeks to make your grudge bike, a street legal street bike lol I built my bike to be a fast street bike, and it's been a while since we've been beat on the street, I like that part of my racing as much as this. Most of the grudge bike we run we give up 150 pounds bike and rider, I realize this is our problem, and we deal with it the best we can.

Ken
    red 06 14

Site Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    ALEX HUGHES

Quote Originally Posted by GBUSA(G.Sanders) View Post
    Ur count would b wrong about # of bikes that would fall under RS rules.
    But if ur under staffed i can understand that.
    I thought this was an open disscussion. My bad. Good luck
    IT IS DEFINITELY AN OPEN DISCUSSION AND I INVITE EVEYONES OPINIONS.

SO YOU ARE TELLING M,E THERE ARE A BUNCH OF BIKES SITTING LESS THEN 64", WITH A BONE STOCK HAND CLUTCH, WITH 3" OF GROUND CLEARANCE, FULL FUNCTIONING HEADLIGHT AND TAIL LIGHT????? GUESS I'VE BEEN MISSING THOSE BIKES AT TEXAS GRUDGEFEST.

ALEX HUGHES

817-501-8563

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Harvey

outlaw/ prostreet....what kind of time would that be in 8th and 1/4 and what do you consider a prostreet bike?
    silver 08 zx14, muzzy header,
    power commander,bmc race filter,lowering links,muzzy fender eliminator, muzzy fan.

Almost A Senior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Wendell Easley

IT IS DEFINITELY AN OPEN DISCUSSION AND I INVITE EVEYONES OPINIONS.

SO YOU ARE TELLING M,E THERE ARE A BUNCH OF BIKES SITTING LESS THEN 64", WITH A BONE STOCK HAND CLUTCH, WITH 3" OF GROUND CLEARANCE, FULL FUNCTIONING HEADLIGHT AND TAIL LIGHT????? GUESS I'VE BEEN MISSING THOSE BIKES AT TEXAS GRUDGEFEST.

ALEX HUGHES
    i can think 4 people that have a real street bike im looking into getting back into the class
    tryin to be come FAMOUS
    05 gsxr-1000 aka Supafreak

14. Like GBUSA(G.Sanders) liked this post.
    Almost A Senior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Wendell Easley

Quote Originally Posted by moto View Post
    outlaw/ prostreet....what kind of time would that be in 8th and 1/4 and what do you consider a prostreet bike?
    1/8 mile 4.6s to 4.8s
    1/4 mile 7.0s to 7.3s

pro street bike is pretty much what jason and gooch run
    tryin to be come FAMOUS
    05 gsxr-1000 aka Supafreak

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Harvey

that's really fast, a little to fast for me...thanks, but i do love racing....
    silver 08 zx14, muzzy header,
    power commander,bmc race filter,lowering links,muzzy fender eliminator, muzzy fan.

Site Sponsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    ALEX HUGHES

Quote Originally Posted by moto View Post
    WE DONT HAVE THE CLOCKS ON IN THE OUTLAW PROSTREET CLASS. SO ANYONE "QUOTING" TIMES WOULD BE MERELY GUESSING.
    AND BASED ON WHO RAN THE CLASS THIS YEAR, I WOULD BET HIS GUESSING IS OFF BY FEW!!!

ALEX HUGHES

817-501-8563

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Do yall run 1/8 mile only