New points system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

New points system.

This is a discussion about New points system. within the 2WheelSpeed section, where you will Hardcore Dragbike Series supported by PsychoBike Members WorldWide!; Many ppl have voice their concern over the points system at 2ws. I'm thinking about chainging it up. qualifying points the same. 10 points for staging and 10 points to winner. This is same type

  1. #1
    Holeshot Member
    Twistedspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Montgomery,Il
    Posts
    2,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jake Simmons
    Rep Power
    0

    Default New points system.

    Many ppl have voice their concern over the points system at 2ws.

    I'm thinking about chainging it up.
    qualifying points the same.
    10 points for staging and 10 points to winner. This is same type system others are using. Need some feedbck..
    *HoleShot Member
    Jake Simmons

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Holeshot Member
    Twistedspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Montgomery,Il
    Posts
    2,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jake Simmons
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Et points will remain the same...
    *HoleShot Member
    Jake Simmons

  4. #3
    Moving up the Ladder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Only thing I think needs changed with the points is that they actually pay something or gold card for the next season or something to make it worth even running every race for points. there's nothing driving most guys to run every race.

  5. #4
    Holeshot Member
    Twistedspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Montgomery,Il
    Posts
    2,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jake Simmons
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I thought about doing gold cards before and everyone just wanted the money instead.
    Been thinking about doing a points fund we used to do it back in the day and got away from it.
    *HoleShot Member
    Jake Simmons

  6. #5
    Moving up the Ladder
    gsxr570's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Chris Panko
    Rep Power
    4
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedspeed View Post
    Many ppl have voice their concern over the points system at 2ws.

    I'm thinking about chainging it up.
    qualifying points the same.
    10 points for staging and 10 points to winner. This is same type system others are using. Need some feedbck..

  7. #6
    Moving up the Ladder
    andyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Really hurts the comparative points for qualifying well. I'd have to do the math, but I'm guessing that (personally) I'd have done worse with the points this way.

    But hell, if it brings people to the track, I'm for it.

    (Especially if they're good at napping at the tree.)

  8. #7
    Holeshot Member
    Twistedspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Montgomery,Il
    Posts
    2,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jake Simmons
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyb View Post
    Really hurts the comparative points for qualifying well. I'd have to do the math, but I'm guessing that (personally) I'd have done worse with the points this way.

    But hell, if it brings people to the track, I'm for it.

    (Especially if they're good at napping at the tree.)
    In reality you should be reaward for going rds. Right now in theroy you can win over championshipsand not win a race
    *HoleShot Member
    Jake Simmons

  9. #8
    Moving up the Ladder
    andyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    If that's the case, we may as well skip qualifying, as it's worth more to win a round than it is to beat everyone in qualifying. Could save time and ensure a better chance of getting all the classes run (i.e., see June 3). Also we'd eliminate the headaches of coming up with the ladder for the first round as well as having less "on track" time, so the tower/owners would be happy, and that'd be two less calls to the lanes to stand around for an hour in the heat, so the racers would be happy, right?

    There isn't much strategy with the current system, i.e., qualify well and then go rounds = do well overall. Under the proposed system there's less strategy needed, i.e., "qualifying is just free practice" and then go rounds. Because going rounds would be more valuable than the ability to run near the index fresh from the trailer.

    I can give a good argument for wanting qualifying to remain highly valued, but I'm clearly biased as I'm generally able to run pretty close to the index without any warmup to speak of. This gives me an advantage in qualifying, as I'm closer to dialed in than many of my class on the first pass. But I'll skip explaining all this, as it's going to just look like a power struggle to improve my own odds personally. What's worse is that had I made the final round on the last day and lost, I'd have had the highest points total for 10.50 on the year without winning a single day.

    Instead, let's look at the bigger picture. A number of the days we had started with an iffy forecast. This can translate to a smaller turnout, because "it's going to get rained out and no one will show up and it's just a waste of gas to go". Having a guaranteed points payout (two entries? 25 points minimum for showing up and losing the first/last round!) means that it's worth showing up even if the weather is iffy. Under the proposed systems, the end of year totals will be higher, and the incentive to show up for a questionable day is reduced.

    Instead, I'd rather see bonus points given to the winner of the event, or those who finish well. 25 for the win, 15 for getting to the final, 5 for getting to the semi's--something like that. (This would have definitely screwed me this year, incidentally!)

    Then again, it's worked this way for how many years? Why fiddle with it?

  10. #9
    Holeshot Member
    Twistedspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Montgomery,Il
    Posts
    2,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jake Simmons
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Qualifying is for position not to win championship. The new system is very similar to other sanctions.
    I'll give bonus a thought personally never been fan. I think points should be rewarded for winning not just showing up.
    *HoleShot Member
    Jake Simmons

  11. #10
    Moving up the Ladder

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyb View Post
    If that's the case, we may as well skip qualifying, as it's worth more to win a round than it is to beat everyone in qualifying. Could save time and ensure a better chance of getting all the classes run (i.e., see June 3). Also we'd eliminate the headaches of coming up with the ladder for the first round as well as having less "on track" time, so the tower/owners would be happy, and that'd be two less calls to the lanes to stand around for an hour in the heat, so the racers would be happy, right?

    There isn't much strategy with the current system, i.e., qualify well and then go rounds = do well overall. Under the proposed system there's less strategy needed, i.e., "qualifying is just free practice" and then go rounds. Because going rounds would be more valuable than the ability to run near the index fresh from the trailer.

    I can give a good argument for wanting qualifying to remain highly valued, but I'm clearly biased as I'm generally able to run pretty close to the index without any warmup to speak of. This gives me an advantage in qualifying, as I'm closer to dialed in than many of my class on the first pass. But I'll skip explaining all this, as it's going to just look like a power struggle to improve my own odds personally. What's worse is that had I made the final round on the last day and lost, I'd have had the highest points total for 10.50 on the year without winning a single day.

    Instead, let's look at the bigger picture. A number of the days we had started with an iffy forecast. This can translate to a smaller turnout, because "it's going to get rained out and no one will show up and it's just a waste of gas to go". Having a guaranteed points payout (two entries? 25 points minimum for showing up and losing the first/last round!) means that it's worth showing up even if the weather is iffy. Under the proposed systems, the end of year totals will be higher, and the incentive to show up for a questionable day is reduced.

    Instead, I'd rather see bonus points given to the winner of the event, or those who finish well. 25 for the win, 15 for getting to the final, 5 for getting to the semi's--something like that. (This would have definitely screwed me this year, incidentally!)

    Then again, it's worked this way for how many years? Why fiddle with it?
    We drive almost 4 hours one way, why the hell would we come sit in the rain if the weather looks like shit when we get up in the morning? just to get some points I don't think so. and I'm sure others drive further. what do you honestly think will get the bikes back some points for showing up or a gaurnteed purse to win? I know what we will drive for and it sure isn't points. I understand that points get people fired up and can keep them coming back even if there's no points fund at the end, but for some it don't matter either.

  12. #11
    Moving up the Ladder
    andyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    So how will changing the points increase purses? We're all agreed that cash brings racers out. I'm just at a loss as to what's wrong with the points system as it sits, and unsure why there's focus there. Not broken, don't fix, etc.

    I suppose if there was a sponsor willing to post a price for the points champ in a class or two, then people would become very interested!

  13. #12
    Holeshot Member
    Twistedspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Montgomery,Il
    Posts
    2,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jake Simmons
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andyb View Post
    So how will changing the points increase purses? We're all agreed that cash brings racers out. I'm just at a loss as to what's wrong with the points system as it sits, and unsure why there's focus there. Not broken, don't fix, etc.

    I suppose if there was a sponsor willing to post a price for the points champ in a class or two, then people would become very interested!
    The problem there isnt enough points awarded to the guys going further in rounds then the guy getting number 1 and losing 2nd rd...In reality you could win championship and never win a final.
    *HoleShot Member
    Jake Simmons

  14. #13
    VIP/DONATOR
    Franklin has made a donation to the forum!
    Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sycamore...Where life offers more
    Posts
    1,253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Josh
    Rep Power
    7
    Country: United States

    Default

    Well there certainly needs to be points awarded to the winner of each round. As it stands now if you win a race you only get either 3 or 4 points over the other guy in the finals next to you. There at least needs to be a points advantage to winning a race. If I'm not mistaken the crazy 8's champ never won a race and the guy that won 3 took second place. Not taking anything away from that but seems a bit off.
    Live Fast or Die Trying
    meltedsparkplug@gmail.com

  15. #14
    Holeshot Member
    Twistedspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Montgomery,Il
    Posts
    2,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jake Simmons
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Well there certainly needs to be points awarded to the winner of each round. As it stands now if you win a race you only get either 3 or 4 points over the other guy in the finals next to you. There at least needs to be a points advantage to winning a race. If I'm not mistaken the crazy 8's champ never won a race and the guy that won 3 took second place. Not taking anything away from that but seems a bit off.
    Correct and agreed..The same thing almost happen 9.50 a few years back..for record the guy won the class is ok with the new points system.
    *HoleShot Member
    Jake Simmons

  16. #15
    VIP/DONATOR
    Franklin has made a donation to the forum!
    Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sycamore...Where life offers more
    Posts
    1,253
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Josh
    Rep Power
    7
    Country: United States

    Default

    Sam is a stand up guy and racer. Don't think he would have any issue with the changes.
    Live Fast or Die Trying
    meltedsparkplug@gmail.com

Similar Threads

  1. 9.50 points
    By Twistedspeed in forum 2WheelSpeed
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 05:48 PM
  2. Points
    By UBWARE in forum MIROCK Series
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 05:25 PM
  3. 2011 MIROCK Points System is now posted
    By Jason Miller in forum MIROCK Series
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 01:17 PM
  4. MIROCK: Points System Update 64 Bike Field
    By Jason Miller in forum MIROCK Series
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 03:24 PM
  5. 2010 MIROCK Points System now up
    By Jason Miller in forum MIROCK Series
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 12:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.