Psychobike banner

8's in a 08 gixxer

4K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  manny 
#1 ·
Has anyone gone 8's on the motor in a newer gixxer on pump gas? my buddies are trying to convince me to keep my gixxer for the street and get a busa or a zx14 for the track.

#14 ·
There is alot more to those SS bikes than you apparently know...LOL

Tunes, pipes, (they do not use pump gas) stock cams degree'd, ceraimic bearings, heads decked or thin gaskets and of course they also get valve work.
These bikes make 190rwhp so it is not "stock" nor is the price tag...

#8 ·
What kind of money do you have to spend? you will definetly need to extend it, lower it, regear it, pipe, pc. I raced cars for 14 years before switching to bikes its whole lot cheaper than the cars were but the payouts are a lot less too:2thumbs:

#9 ·
My goal would be to run this without touching the motor. I don't mind spending the money, but would like to go as fast as I can before building a motor. My buddies are telling me its not worth spending on my gixxer and just get a busa or a zx14. Also i would still like to drive this bike on the steet once in a while (only short distances).

#11 ·
What gearing You guys running 8s on??

haven't been to the track yet with My 07,but have-1 front +2 rear..wanted a +3 but couldn't locate one at the time..

was beatin up on some built busas with it already on the street!!

#13 ·
get a chromoly swing arm.. 62-66", flat oil pan. bazazza box, have it tuned. I prefer the brock sidewinder with the baffle for ground clearance. 15 on the front and depending on your weight 45-47 on the rear. this should put you there if you are under 200lbs. I ran consistant 9.teens whn i had my stock setup and i weight 220+

#18 ·
Everyone is gonna tell you something different as far as exhaust preferences. I myself prefer the Tsukigi exhaust systems by far over all other systems. All the reputable exhaust manufacturers top systems are gonna make similar power. It all depends on which one looks and sounds the best to you and also what kind of a deal you can find. If you get a nice swingarm, air filter, air shifter, gearing, lowering links, Bazzaz with a good tune and a nice exhaust you should have no problems running 8's in my opinion. Of course all of this depends on your riding ability and weight.

#21 ·
Right now my bike is a stock k8 lowered 1 inch and a trac dynamics 240 tire kit with a 8" stretch. I plan on putting the stock wheels back on and doing the full exhaust, the Bazzaz box, air filter and shifter, and gearing like you guys are telling me. How much do I lower the bike and I plan on buying a McIntosh arm, what stretch should I get. You guys have made me feel better about this bike, thanks for the help.

#31 ·
If you buy a chromoly arm get one that u will only have to buy once so go 6-12". Hell maybe one day you'll wanna turbo it or something and want the extra inches. On my blocks at 64" my 08 was still weelie prone off the line. I am at 66.5" maybe 67" On my moly arm no wheelie problems or problems with 8's in the 1/4. Arm cut my 60ft times because I didn't have to ride the clutch as long.

I agree with the earlier gentleman I have an alienhead & love it.

#35 ·
I put on a set of Hardcore Racing lowering links and then lowered the fork tubes in the triple tree on mine. If I wanted to go a little lower on the front, I could install a strap kit. The good thing about the stap kit is, you can raise the bike back up on the street to prevent scraping the pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.