Shipping help

+ Reply to Thread

Shipping help

This is a discussion about Shipping help within the 1000's section, where you will 1 Liter Bike Talk for.... Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha; I don't know where to put this topic. So I'm putting here sense it's a gsxr part. I'm trying to ship a catalyst upper. Ups told me $204 for shipping sense the box is so

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Toegel

Default Shipping help

I don't know where to put this topic. So I'm putting here sense it's a gsxr part. I'm trying to ship a catalyst upper. Ups told me $204 for shipping sense the box is so big. I think that outrageous. Has anyone shipped one before and how'd you use and how much was it. Thanks
    game over built racing
    07 1k aka WHITE GOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Just for shipping?? Thats crazy there...you may want to get with someone else like the postal service
    BOOMAN

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Toegel

Yes just for shipping. I'm going in the morning to check other places. Just didn't know how anyone else has shipped one
    game over built racing
    07 1k aka WHITE GOLD

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

For large packages that don't weigh much I always find Fed Ex to be a considerable amount cheaper than UPS. Also, depending on where you are shipping from and where you are shipping to, Grey Hound is a very cheap alternative. Yes, that's right, greyhound as in the Bus company. If you and the person that you are shipping to are both pretty close to a greyhound bus terminal you may want to check with them. I have sent a complete front bumper cover for <$40.00 from ct. To California. Check with buyer though because they have to go to bus terminal to pick package up,it won't be home delivered.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by turboDan View Post
    For large packages that don't weigh much I always find Fed Ex to be a considerable amount cheaper than UPS. Also, depending on where you are shipping from and where you are shipping to, Grey Hound is a very cheap alternative. Yes, that's right, greyhound as in the Bus company. If you and the person that you are shipping to are both pretty close to a greyhound bus terminal you may want to check with them. I have sent a complete front bumper cover for <$40.00 from ct. To California. Check with buyer though because they have to go to bus terminal to pick package up,it won't be home delivered.
    I've used greyhound.....they do a good job
    THE BIRD IS THE WORD

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like

I shipped an old Gsxr upper, two mids, and a lower to Russia using a U-Haul X-Large box for less than $90. The postal worker thought I was crazy but it was super cheap compared to UPS or FedEx. So give the USPS a try.

Later, Doug

Sittin Sideways In Something Pretty With The Ratchet On Me, Cause You Know I Got That Package On Me
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    NUN YA

It's that way because once over a certain size it goes off dimensional size and weight. it ups the cost very quickly.. I have aid $125-150 to ship one before and it's about normal... go to catalyst site and they have a one site shipping calculator and you can see what they pay plus $20 for handling..
    "The Insane Foundation"- We Want Nothing But A Lane Beside You, We Done Lost Our Damn Mind....A BOLO Has Been Issued: "Lunatic" Broke His Lift Chains To Get Down with "Mayhem" And "Asylum" Got Caught Up In The Hype And Went Off..A "Smack Down" With A "Lethal Injection" To Calm Their Nerves, Has Been Given...They Were In This MF Running Around Hollering These B%$#ches Can't Hold Me Back.."Manic Depression" Has Set in, And All Is Back Calm.Oh Boy The West Coast Getting Ready To Have Some Problems.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Toegel

Ok thanks guys. I'm good with paying $100 or a lil more but $200 is to much. I'm going to try USPS
    game over built racing
    07 1k aka WHITE GOLD