looking to build a gsxr

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Unforgiven

looking to build a gsxr

This is a discussion about looking to build a gsxr within the 1000's section, where you will 1 Liter Bike Talk for.... Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha; I have been looking into selling my 600 and picking up a gsxr 1000, and have been doing a lot of reading up on the 05-08's and a little of the 09+. I figured you

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Default looking to build a gsxr

I have been looking into selling my 600 and picking up a gsxr 1000, and have been doing a lot of reading up on the 05-08's and a little of the 09+. I figured you guys would know a little more than google as far as what are the better years to get to set up for drag. my plans are a street/strip bike maybe mid 9's. not looking for anything too crazy. but i guess im just looking for the pros and cons of the different years. any info or good links i would appreciate, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    O

Check out my reply to a similar question like this on the street/brag bike section (not saying I'm right, just don't feel like typing all of that again, lol)......there are some other replies in there as well from others.
    "salt for what..hell to season some chicken"
    Author 4tay

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

thanks a lot man, i read your post... been reading everything i can to make the right choice.. looking to go from high tens to mid 9's the right way. anymore info you can throw my way i appreciate!

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    palmer blackwell

You could get a k1 1000 pretty cheap and run those numbers all day long with the right set up
    Only those who will risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go

Post Thanks / Like

07/08!! They have better heads on them and since you arent spraying you won't need the thick block the 01-02 offer. Also the electronics have ECU Editor funcitonality so you won't need any piggyback system.
    levit99 likes this.

Post Thanks / Like

U want ur bike to grudge bike. Prob change sinister soon to busa chasis if u want to buy all grudge stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    O

Quote Originally Posted by bluek7 View Post
    thanks a lot man, i read your post... been reading everything i can to make the right choice.. looking to go from high tens to mid 9's the right way. anymore info you can throw my way i appreciate!
    The only other advice I can give is to to start small, take baby steps. If you have a builder sit down with them and come up with a game plan (I did this). First few mods I did was: velocity stacks, bmc filter, tre, manual cam chain tenisor, thin head gasket, slip on exhaust, and lower the front.

I did all of that cause I was on a budget back then. But since then things have changed and I was able to free up some more money and I've once again set down with my builder and we hashed out what you can call "phase 2" of my build. Once I'm done with I'm bout to do then I'm good where I'm at. I have an 03 1K........the years your looking at are all good, espeically the 07/08 1K Definitely look at getting those dual pipes off asap if you buy a stock bike, lol.
    "salt for what..hell to season some chicken"
    Author 4tay

I Finally Registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    AL "D"

Quote Originally Posted by bluek7 View Post
    I have been looking into selling my 600 and picking up a gsxr 1000, and have been doing a lot of reading up on the 05-08's and a little of the 09+. I figured you guys would know a little more than google as far as what are the better years to get to set up for drag. my plans are a street/strip bike maybe mid 9's. not looking for anything too crazy. but i guess im just looking for the pros and cons of the different years. any info or good links i would appreciate, thanks

I have a 2003 gsxr 1000 fuel injected small tire slick drag bike I have several mods on it and it is a converted GS frame. The bike was built with love and caring it has a ps3 air shifter launch master and a few other things I am forgetting... I only want $2000 for everything and its ready to run hell the pipe cost me $1100... PM me if you have any interest in this drag bike... Thanks AL
    I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DePIANO RACING View Post
    I have a 2003 gsxr 1000 fuel injected small tire slick drag bike I have several mods on it and it is a converted GS frame. The bike was built with love and caring it has a ps3 air shifter launch master and a few other things I am forgetting... I only want $2000 for everything and its ready to run hell the pipe cost me $1100... PM me if you have any interest in this drag bike... Thanks AL
    if you were closer i'd get it...

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Bryan

Find a nice 07/08 and start your build!
    *Grudge 08 1000 AR-15*

I Finally Registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    AL "D"

Quote Originally Posted by Tru Texan View Post